Friday, September 15, 2006

Some Questions about Butterfly



I did it!!!
Yesterday night I finished knitting the Butterfly!
Now, the finishings are in place.
Some doubts:
what is the correct order to finish it?
  • blocking
  • picot edges on underarm borders and neck borders
  • sewing seams

Can anybody tell me the correct order? The Rowan instructions tell you to press (?), join seams, knit borders and refer to finishing instructions (which I don´t have - I never bought the mag, Arianwen generously sent me the photocopies =) ).

But then Knitty tells us to block before seaming.

All suggestions are welcome!

6 comments:

Dipsy D. said...

Awww, this is so pretty! Hm... I don't know if there really is one correct way to finish it, I suppose everyone does it differently. I'd go for:
Sewing seams, picot edges on underarm borders and neck borders, and then blocking. Looking forward to seeing the pics when it's all finished, in all its glory - it's going to be a real beauty - already is!

Carla said...

Thank you so much for your kind words!! I´m flattered! I think that´s the way I'm going to finish my B.

Arianwen said...

It looks lovely the rowan instructions are press first you can do this either with an iron or if yarn cant be pressed cover blocked out fabric with damp white cloth.leave to stand ...i presume this means dry. then stich together hope this helps! very jealous that you are finished!

Vik said...

Carla te quedó una preciosura!
Yo haría como te dice Dipsy, y vas a ver que ni necesitas blocking...

Ann Marie said...

Carla,
It looks great! What a beautiful color.
I pressed both sides first then seamed them together, then did the picot border. The picot border could use a little blocking though, so I think I agree with Dipsy D who said that it might be useful to block last.

Carla said...

Thank you everybody for your advice!!!