Monday, December 18, 2006

Happy Birthday and Anniversary!

First of all I would like to thank everybody for your wishes and kind words for my B-day and Anniversary!

The truth is I had a very nice birthday party on Friday. I celebrated it at my parents' because my apartment is a little small... Just my family and some close friends of ours, but I really enjoyed it. Unfortunately my husband had to work that night, but then he was free all weekend long so I can't complain.
My Dad and I

Saturday was impossible in BA. The temperature reached over 40°C. I couldn't even move it was so hot.

And yesterday Husband and I went out for dinner to a pizza restaurant we used to go when we first met, around 10 years ago (Husband and I dated for a couple of months 10 years ago. We were really young, and neither of us wanted any kind of commitments back then. So I didn't see him for 5 years, until one night I ran into him at a disco, and 3 months later we were living together!!)

Today I gave some of the Xmas gifts to my students. Everybody loved them!!! I'm so relieved!! Even one of the guys said he really really liked it and that at home he has lots of candles. Wrapped Votive Sleeves with Glass Candle Holders!!
I still have to knit 4 more, but I have run out of wire!! I'll try to get some today or tomorrow.
In addition I have already chosen what to knit with the cerise yarn - a pattern from Verena magazine. I haven't knit the swatch yet, so I don't know whether it will work, but at least I have already found something I like!

10 comments:

Vik said...

Hola Carla! Una vez más: Feliz Cumpleaños! Es lindo cumplir en diciembre, no? Con las despedidas y fin de año todos están contentos! ;)

Vik said...

ah! Me encantó cómo decoraste los regalitos de Navidad y las tarjetas! Re lindo!!!

Carla said...

Gracias Vik!!!! Me encantó la postal que me enviaste!!!!
Cumplir a esta altura del año es genial, voy de fiesta en fiesta!!!
beso grande!

Gaby said...

Feliz Cumple, Carla :)
que bueno que la hayas pasado genial :)
Ultimamente blogger no me deja postear n tu blog ni en otros :(
a ver si este puedo...

andrea said...

¡Qué bueno que hayas disfrutado tanto! y que tus votive sleeves hayn gustado. A mí tampoco me ha dejado poner comentarios últimamnete en tu blog

Paula said...

muchas felicidades otra vez! que linda de compartir tu histira romantica con nosotros!

Carla said...

Gracias Gaby!
Gracias Andrea!
No se porqué Blogger no las deja poner comentarios... Ni idea =(
Gracias Paula!!

Silvia said...

So happy you enjoyed your celebrations:) And the top looks wonderful on you. I am glad your studens loved the Votives.
40 degrees!! OMG I want to come over. -4 here today BRRR!!!

Dipsy D. said...

Oy - I've missed your birthday! Shame on me! But: I wish you a very happy belated birthday - may all your dreams and wishes come true in this new year of yours!

Carla said...

Thank you Silvia! I'm glad you liked both the top and the votives. I'd love to experience a white Christmas!!
Thank you Angie!!