Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ulises' Vest

My very good friend Melania is pregnant, and I've started knitting a V-neck vest for her baby Ulises.
She asked me not to use blue or light blue yarn - she has zillions of garments in these colours! So I chose this gorgeous beige that will look beautiful with something blue or light blue underneath...
In the pic you can see my own design (as usual I can't follow one pattern from one mag - the rebel in me needs to start changing things around) and the swatch.
It's the first time I've knit something for a baby... I can't wait to see Ulises wearing it!!!

4 comments:

Silvia said...

It does look nice already!! Clever you making your own pattern up. Wished I had half the Brain to do so

Arianwen said...

It looks lovely and I dont even like beige! Will we see a picture of the baby wearing it?

caska said...

veo que avanzas, buen trabajo !!! y animate con la pizza ;) si pasas por milan dimelo que te preparo una ;)!!!!

Paula said...

que emocion tejer para un bebe... en mi familia viene 2 babies para el invierno...estoy esperando marzo para empezar a tejer las lanas lindas que traje de Argentina! ;) precioso color elegiste...me muero por ver el diseƱo!!!