Thursday, March 08, 2007

Baby Blanket

Remember yesterday I told you I was starting a new project???

This is it. I fell in love with it the minute I opened the Katia magazine. We even had a fight with my mum to see who would knit it.

Well, yesterday I got my needles, I got my yarn and I cast on. So far, so good.

Row 1, fine.

Row 2, not fine. "I must have made a mistake, 2 stitches seem to be missing. I should concentrate harder."

Frog.

Row 1, fine.

Row 2, not fine. "Can I be THIS stupid??? Let's try again."

Frog.

Row 1, fine.

Row 2, SHOOT ME!!! What the heck is going on????

Well, my dear friends, I don't frieking know what the problem is!!! But chart A is WRONG WRONG WRONG and I am not as talented as to discover the mistakes. So if any of you can see it, please do let me know.
Sorry for my ranting... but I HATE IT when they make this horrible mistakes. I mean, I bought this mag because I loved this blanket... and now it's downright impossible for me to knit it!!!
I know I'm not alone in this... it's happened to all of us, hasn´t it? But don't you think they should knit the things they print before selling you the magazines????
Anyway, I have an appointment with my ob/gyn tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to tell you whether baby is a girl or a boy!!! I can't wait!!!!

7 comments:

caska said...

que tal estas? ya veo que super ocupada haciendo cosas para tu bebe , me encanta el cochecito con la mantita!! ciao flavia

Paula460 said...

mmm...sabes? yo estoy haciendo una chaquetita de bebe de una revista española y creo que tengo el mismo problema que tu. en los graficos calados... creo que les falta aclarar que las corridas reves se tejen tal como se presentan los puntos. y se me ocurre que el grafico solo muestra las corridas del derecho del tejido... creo.
mucha suerte en lo del medico...bebe jugo de naranja antes de entrar a la consulta, para estimular que el bebe se mueva...y se muestre ;)

alejandra said...

Ayyyy!!!!!!! Qué bronca!!!!!!!!!!
Es muy frustrante!!!! Suerte en la consulta!!! Estás ansiosa, no?? Yo también lo estuve, pero después fue lindo porque les pude preparar todo para cuando nacieran.

Gaby said...

Carla, que mal que el patrón tenga errores.. puede ser que las vueltas del reves sean como te dijo Paula...
Espero novedades del bebé ;)

Arianwen said...

It looks lovely I hope you can work it out! I am quite new to lace making so cant really help you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, video-clips-of-women-giving-birth.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative information - I enjoyed reading it! I always enjoy this blog. :) Cheers, www.video-clips-of-women-giving-birth.com