Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Weekend Away

Well, not exactly a weekend...
Last week we left for Mar del Plata on Tuesday and stayed there till Friday.
Husband and I waiting to see the Sea Lions Show
On Tuesday, the weather was wonderful, so we visited the Aquarium. It was a shame, though. I mean, I wasn't going to compare it to Sea World (I visited Sea World in Orlando, Fl some years ago), but this Aquarium is embarassing!!! Don't get me wrong, the animals look healthy and well taken care of. It's just that the shows are pathetic - children were bored, adults were embarrassed at the lousy script. The shows with the animals are pathetic - sea lions did whatever they wanted, not what the trainers asked them to - but I have to admit I rather enjoyed this!! The electricity went off every hour, every show started 10 or 15 minutes later than scheduled, the 3-D movie was 20 years old and the movie theatre smelled like 60 years old. However, Husband and I really enjoyed the day out. The sun was shining, we laughed a lot at all these mishaps and enjoyed being together.
I did knit a lot, I was thinking of showing you a pic of the baby wrap but I can't find the batteries for my camera. It's not finished yet - not even close. Right now every row has 320 stitches and 2+ per row. It's getting heavy!!
On baby news, I'm currently 5 months, 1 week, 3 days pregnant. I saw the doctor on Friday, everything is wonderful, baby is healthy and mother is not gaining thousands of kilos (only 4 kilos so far). Next ultrasound and appointment with the doctor is on Fri April 20 - I CANNOT WAIT TO FIND OUT WHETHER IT'S A BOY OR A GIRL!!!!

3 comments:

alejandra said...

Qué suerte que está todo ok, qué nervios hasta el 20!!!!

Vik said...

Hola Carla! No puedo creer todo lo que me perdí en el último tiempo! Cuándo nos vemos?

Paula460 said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhh se mostrara para tia Paula!!! justo cuando llego a Buenos Aires!!! me imagino tu impaciencia...que nervios...